3 Awesome Habits you probably are already doing!
We are more resourceful than we think or even take time to give credit for. First off you made one major choice MANY people have a hard time deciding to do; Commit. So, before we discuss the habits you probably are already doing but unaware of you deserve praise for committing to your health. Take a bow.
We understand that habits are simply the things we do over again without thinking about it. At one time we didn’t know how to drive, so we went to driving school and practiced and however uneasy and unsettled we were initially we continued. Even after receiving a driver’s license we were still uncomfortable with driving on the highway next to big cars, or the feeling of receiving our first middle finger from the road rage driver as they whizzed by us. With all that said we continued until the uncomfortable parts of driving became comfortable. We do not even think it about it anymore.
What if I were to tell you the likelihood of you doing any of the 3 habits listed below will not only IMMENSELY improve your ability to reach your goals but its probably something you ALREADY DO and do not think about. Let’s look!
WHAT! You actually move! Congratulations. What may seem like a no brainer requires a lot of coordination that gets the brain, muscles, bone, and blood moving in ways you’re not even burdened to have to think about. We park our car and walk to the grocery store. We go up and down the stairs of our home or offices. We walk our anxious and excited dogs up and down the street. You communicate the importance of moving nutrients in your body from one place to the other to improve your cardiovascular health, fitness, and recovery without even thinking about it.
In large group of studies participants were tracked for an average of 11.3 years, during which cardiovascular events (angina, heart attack, heart failure, coronary artery bypass surgery, angioplasty, and stroke) and deaths were recorded. In all, walking reduced the risk of cardiovascular events by 31%, and it cut the risk of dying during the study period by 32%. These benefits were equally robust in men and women. Protection was evident even at distances of just 5½ miles per week and at a pace as casual as about 2 miles per hour. The people who walked longer distances, walked at a faster pace, or both enjoyed the greatest protection.
TIPS TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF YOUR STRUT!
- Pick up the pace, take a hill, go up some stairs instead of using an elevator
- Create distance when you walk. instead of parking in a convenient location where you can just get out and be there, park where it may take you about 2-3 mins to walk to your location.
- Find a walk partner. Not only does time fly by but so does distance! ?
1.2.3. You can Cook!
Cooking is so relevant. The power that resides in your hands can help you look and feel better. When I say cook, I don’t mean MASTER CHEF or gourmet recreational cook extraordinaire! Listen. If you can put some mayo, tuna, and onions together, congrats cause you just cooked tuna salad. Perhaps you can put lettuce, tomatoes, and chicken together and Wala; you have chicken salad. Maybe breakfast is your thing. You may be the best at making a SOLID oatmeal and protein shake in the morning. BOOM! You can boil some eggs. Whatever the case may be the power of your health is LITERALY in your HANDS. It’s simply matter of expanding what you’re already doing.
TIPS OF COOKING BETTER!
- If your completely clueless here ‘s link to improve your cooking variety and quality.
- But you don’t know how much and what to do… oh no! Its ok. Here is another link to understanding portion control with protein, fats, and carbs
- So, you’re not the online type. That’s ok as well. Check your home for cookbooks or even stop by your Neighborhood Invictus Fitness Solutions. We keep recipe books in the building.
AH HAH! Your willing to accept Help!
Let that marinate for a moment. Think of the greatest most respectable people you hold dear. That could be your parents, siblings, spouse, teachers, Gandhi, Mother Theresa, MLK, or Queen Elizabeth. Know that every one of them had one or several mentors to guide and provide help along their journey to health. This can be disheartening at first glance, but it’s quite fantastic! We start off under the illusion that we can either do everything or most things by ourselves. To be completely honest…that’s far from true but liberating. You do not have to rely on your own devices. You have people to help keep you accountable. That’s the key point here to remember. Ask yourself have you been more successful with reaching a goal when you hold yourself accountable or when you have support from people to keep you accountable.
Tips to improve your quality of Support:
- Find a partner to share healthy habits you want them to WEEKLY remind you of. The simple reminder from someone else reminds us how valuable we are to our personal commitment.
- Participate in a challenge! Oh! But your already are! Then you are learning when there is a mix of support AND STRUCTURE there is less to think about and more to be motivated towards.
- Trust your Coach ? you have coaches here at Invictus who do NOT take your goals likely and will be with you class after class, txt after txt, call after call to achieve what we know is possible. Your goal is attainable.
Enclosed we have more power than we think, don’t we? Sometimes we convince ourselves we are limited yet the real limitations are our very own train of thought. Chose to be conscious of your commitment each day. Whether you are currently practicing any of the above habits or not, decide to be more alert to what you already do well and where there are areas you can improve on. You have a team of people at Invictus that are with you every step of the way! Please reach out to anyone of us or comment in our blog below. We would love to hear your thoughts on other habits you have currently that are promoting a healthy and commitment focused lifestyle.
To a THRIVING Life!
Cowner Invictus Fitness Solutions
Fitness Professional and Coach